Just a random collection of thoughts from the conference championship games…
1. Who woulda thought little Eli Manning could make it to the SuperBowl in a shorter amount of time than his superstar brother Peyton?
2. Am I the only one who thought Favre was gonna break out a can of All American-Wrangler-Jeans-Hall-Of-Fame-4th-Quarter-Can-Of-Comeback-Whoop-Ass on the Giants? Instead he just threw an interception.
3. LOL @ Brandon Jacobs making Charles Woodson his bitch on the first run of the game. I haven’t seen someone get ran over like that since Final Destination: The Movie.
4. Why did Ladainian Tomlinson spend the biggest game of his career sulking on the bench? Deion Sanders expressed my thoughts PERFECTLY during the post game show. L.T. BETTER need surgery on his knee, because if the injury isn’t serious enough to warrant an operation he should have been on the damned field. I have no proof for this claim, but I almost bet he was sitting on the bench crying, thats why he never took his helmet off.
I don’t want to hear that “it was cold” crap, there were plenty of men in the Green Bay/NY game sitting on the sidelines with no helmet, and the temperature was below zero. L.T. kept his helmet on for a reason.
5. Speaking of cold, was anyone else frightened at how purple Tom Coughlin’s face was after the Giants game?
6. I secretly hoped Joe Buck would surprise everyone and worked a “Jub Jub” reference into yesterday’s broadcast… but he didn’t.
7. Who knew that the “completely meaningless” season ending game between the Patriots and Giants would turn out to be a crucial strategic matchup and Super Bowl preview?
8. Phillip Rivers earned a lot of my respect for his gutsy performance.
9. If it wasn’t for his battery allegations, I would have completely forgot Randy Moss was even playing football judging from his last two games. Talk about getting shut down.
10. Antonio Cromartie has a very bright future ahead of him. I won’t give him the Champ Bailey title and say he’s a shut down corner, but i WILL say he’s a savage ball hawk ala Ed Reed.